Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Series 10 Great Photography Projects


I personally think photography projects, especially if they are challenging, are great tools to help with your photography growth as an artist or along professional lines.

Projects by their vary nature are time-limited events that have a definite start and end point and by their very nature, attempt to achieve some measure of quality or success, and this last point is key to me.

Being careful and flexible about what you define as your success or quality markers helps to make projects a lot easier.

Don’t pick a hard project or aim too high, and be willing to change your approach as you come to understand more about what is involved throughout its course.

One of the overriding caveats is that undertaking any of these photography projects is that it will take an investment of your time. When all the great photographers say, “always take photographs”  they mean always take photographs. Constant exploring does lead to discoveries and it’s these discoveries like stepping-stones that propel you further along your chosen path and even in new directions.

Over the next few weeks I will list 10 photography projects that could help with your approach as to how you think, react and interact with the photographic backdrop of what you see.

In the spirit of starting the series on projects, I am listing a mini photographic project of my own here.

If you ever wonder about the value of your photography just remember that at some point in the future, someone might be very thankful that your shot was taken, like I am with this group shot below.

I now have a few more precious scanned photos, which date back to the late 1800’s (my biological grandfather was born 1856) given to me by new brothers in Denmark (4 sisters also).

I am hoping that eventually my relatives or their friends from my adoptive parents side will fill in the missing information about this large group shot.
This is an image of my grandparent’s silver wedding anniversary  (65yrs) in 1954 when the whole family got together for a full day of celebrating their very long union. Two (2) years later my parents moved from Denmark to Canada and with time and distance those connections are almost lost now.


So far these are the people I know:

  • 4   My sister – Susanne Nielsen
  • 5   My Dad – Hans-Erik Henriksen
  • 28  Myself – Niels-Peter Henriksen
  • 29  My Mother - Vera Henriksen (Holler)
  • 44  My Grandfather  - (Petersen)
  • 46 My Grand Mother - (Petersen)
  • 50 Uncle - Ole Mersdaek
  • 54  Cousin - Carsten
  • 55  Aunt  – Tove Hansen (Holler) ( twin of my mother)

To all family members and friends if you know the names of anyone here, please add their name and photo reference number to the comments sections.

Thank you very much

Niels Henriksen




Next article in 10 Great Photography Projects is SoFoBoMo 2010



Related Articles


Are you creative enough


No comments:

Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails