Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Mother’s Day at ArtsPark

I was invited to display some of my photos at the ArtsPark Fair at the Parkdale Market in Hintonburg community of Ottawa on Mothers day, 13 May. It is a one-day festival of art, music, and performance theatre.

As an artist and photographer and since I am not internationally or even regionally known, I always accept opportunities to display and hopefully sell some of my photos.

For this show I was on-site all day and this gave me the chance to observe how people interacted with my photos and which ones they lingered on the longest. There were a few people that took the time to discuss artist merits of the captured elements.



The photographs and painting were displayed inside a large tent and in the photo below shows my small corner.








A friend of mine Pierre Kerr was also displaying his B&W
photos.











These outdoor events are really for the kids whether it was taking in outdoor theatre








or a musical band and watching the sliding rhythms of the trombone players











For some they may even find it too loud.












For the older crowd there was a band on stage with an accordion player who supported













the McGillicuddy Sisters









Niels Henriksen

Photo Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

No comments:

Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails